Wednesday, March 30, 2011

・Butterscotch Brownie ・

Sometimes (actually many times for me. :b) That I feel really lazy to do anything.
But still wants to do some sweet. - -'
So I have to find some quick and easy recipe for this situation.
And I found this one ・Butterscotch Brownie ・ from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian".

I bought this book because I try to eat vegetarian but finally I can't. That's too bad. :(
I kinda like this book because it contains many of fuss-free recipes.
But the bad thing (for me only, i guess) is it doesn't have any picture at all.
I like cookbooks that has beautiful pictures.
Pictures of complete dishes and directions. (Even I know how to cook them).
It helps inspire and make sure that I don't get wrong with the recipe.

Anyway, good point of this recipe is it use few ingredients and they're basic ingredients that bakers usually have.
Directions are so easy and quick and you can have many variation as you like such as adding nuts (I added some) / raisin / mashed banana, etc. as suggested in the book.

Normally i'm not a sweet craze person. So I usually deduct sugar in the recipe.
I did the same thing to my brownie and the result is surmisable, my brownie is not moise as I wish. But it not bad, just not THAT moise.
So I think next time I should let myself eat more sugar, maybe it trades with more precious texture and flavor.

เราว่าน่าจะมีบางครั้ง (หรือหลายๆครั้ง :b) ที่เราขี้เกี้ยจ ขี้เกียจ จนไม่อยากจะทำอะไร

แต่ก็ยังมีอารมณ์อยากทำขนม (เอ๊ะ! จะเอายังไง)

ก็เลยต้องลุกขึ้นมาหาสูตรที่ทำขนมได้ง่ายๆ แล้วก็เร็วๆ

ก็พอดี๊ มาป๊ะกับสูตรนี้เข้าให้ จริงๆแล้วซื้อเล่มนี้มา เพราะมีช่วงนึงที่อยากทานมังสวิรัติ (จริงๆแล้วตอนนี้ก็ยังอยากทานนะ แต่ว่าแพ้ใจตัวเองทู้กที - -')


หนังสือเล่มนี้มีสูตรง่ายๆเยอะดีค่ะ ถูกจริตกับเจ้าของบล็อกมาก เพราะว่าเป็นคนขี้เกียจ 5 5

แต่ข้อเสียคือไม่ค่อยมีรูป ทั้งรูปขณะทำ และรูปผลสำเร็จของแต่ละจาน

คือถึงแม้เราจะเริ่มมีประสปการณ์แล้ว แต่เราก็ยังอยากดูรูปอ่ะเนอะ จะได้รู้ว่าจานนี้เสร็จออกมา หน้าตามันควรจะเป็นยังไงกันนะ แล้วก็จะได้มั่นใจตัวเองด้วยว่าทำไม่ผิดสูตรแน่ๆ (เพราะเจ้าของบล็อกพลาดเรื่องที่ไม่ควรพลาดมาหลายเลย) :b

ข้อดีอีกอย่างของสูตรนี้ก็คือ ใช้ส่วนผสมไม่มากนัก คนที่ทำขนมน่าจะมีส่วนผสมเหล่านี้ติดบ้านอยู่แล้ว

วิธีทำก็ง้ายยย ง่าย เสร็จเร็วทันใจ

แต่เนื่องจากปกติเราเป็นคนทานหวานน้อยมากกก ก็เลยลดน้ำตาลในสูตรไปเกือบครึ่ง ผลก็ตามคาด คือเนื้อเค้กไม่ค่อยชุ่ม แต่ไม่แห้งนะคะ แค่ไม่ชุ่มๆเยิ้มๆ

ก็เลยมานั่งคิดว่า บางทีมันก็ต้องยอมๆบ้างล่ะเนอะ หวานหน่อย แต่เนื้อเค้กน่าจะอร่อยกว่ากันเยอะเลย


Butterscotch Brownies

makes 1-2 dozen Time: 30 to 40 minutes


Ingredients


8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, plus a little for greasing the pan

1 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp almond extract

Pinch salt

1 cup (4 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour



ส่วนผสม

เนย 8 ช้อนโต๊ะ (ประมาณ 100 กรัม) + เนยสำหรับทาพิมพ์

น้ำตาลทรายแดง 1 ถ้วย

ไข่ 1 ฟอง

กลิ่นวานิลลา 1 ช้อนชา หรือกลิ่นอัลมอนด์ 1/2 ช้อนชา

เกลือเล็กน้อย

แป้งอเนกประสงค์ 1 ถ้วย



Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan (I used a heart-shaped mini cupcake pan), or line it with aluminum foil and grease the foil.

2. Melt the butter over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and use an electric mixer to beat in the sugar until very smooth, then beat in the egg and vanilla, stirring down the sides of the bowl every now and then.

3. Add the salt, then gently stir in the flour. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until just barely set in the middle. It’s better to underbake brownies than to overbake them. Cool on a rack before cutting. Store, covered and at room temperature, for no longer than a day.


วิธีทำ

1. อุ่นเตาอบที่ 350˚F/180˚C ทาเนยบนพิมพ์สี่เหลี่ยมขนาด 8 นิ้ว (แต่เราใช้พิมพ์มินิคัพเค้กรูปหัวใจล่ะ)

หรือปูพิมพ์ด้วยฟอยล์ แล้วทาเนยทับอีกที

2. ละลายเนยด้วยไฟต่ำ แล้วนำมาตีกับน้ำตาลให้เนียน ใส่ไข่, กลิ่นวานิลลา หมั่นปาดอ่างนะคะ

3. เติมเกลิอและแป้ง คนให้เข้ากันเบาๆ เทใส่พิมพ์ แล้วอบประมาณ 20-25 นาทีค่ะ (พิมพ์เล็กก็ใช้เวลาน้อยลงนะจ๊ะ) ถ้าเนื้อเค้กตรงกลางเริ่มเซตตัวก็เอาออกจากเตาอบได้เลยค่ะ

ผึ่งให้เย็นบนตะแกรง ตัดแบ่ง เก็บไว้ได้ในอุณหภูมิห้องไม่เกิน 1 วันค่า

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment